Lipstick is an integral part of any woman’s makeup routine. Even the ones who don’t quite have an elaborate routine prefer dabbing some colour on their lips before stepping out because it does something no other product does. Sure, it makes you look stylish. But it does something more than make you look put-together. Studies show that wearing lipstick makes women more confident in their skins as it makes them feel more attractive and increases their self-esteem. The right shade of lipstick will define your lips and make your smile more prominent. Hence, picking shades that would go beautifully with your skin tone is very important. Here is a list of lipstick shades that would look fantastic on most Indian skin tones.
1. Faces Canada Ultime Pro Hd Intense Matte Lips + Primer – We know a lot of Indian women who’ve fallen in love with this series of shades from Faces Canada. Our personal favourites from Faces Canada Lipstick Shades – Magnetic 02, Crushed Berry, Natural Coco 12, Perfection, and Scandalous 13.
They are highly pigmented, creamy enough that they will slide over your lips, and stay for a good five to six hours. The matte finish makes it perfect for everyday wear. Additionally, Faces Canada products are cruelty-free and hypoallergenic, making it one of the nicest products out there in the market.
2. Faces Canada Ultime Pro Matte Lip Crayon – We weren’t very big fans of lip crayons until we chanced upon these treasures from Faces Canada. Contrary to what we expected, they weren’t grimy or waxy, instead, they were buttery smooth and super easy to apply! Moreover, they do an amazing job of keeping your lips hydrated throughout the day. From subtle nudes to striking reds, these Lip Crayons come in a whole range of shades that look amazing on our Indian skin tone.
We strongly believe that Majestic Rose, Brunette, Put Me On, Divine Rose, and Fiery Brown is all shades that should be in the makeup kit of every Indian girl.
3. Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Lip & Cheek Colour – Every woman seeks a lipstick shade that would do justice to her skin tone. Lakme, our homegrown brand understands the Indian skin tone no like no other foreign brand, and has brought out a number of shades that look drop-dead-gorgeous on us.
This particular 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse is the first of its kind and gives a matte finish to your lips and a soft tint similar to a blush to your cheeks. True to its name, it does stay on a good eight hours, doesn’t dry out your lips towards the end of the day making it one of the best choices for women at the workplace. Blush Velvet, Nude Cushion, Rosy Plum, Rose Touch, Burgundy Lush, and Coffee Lite are the shades we are currently crushing over.
4. Wet n Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick – If you are someone who saves the matte lipsticks for the day and prefers something a little more dramatic for the evening, Wet n Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick would be perfect for you. It has a metallic finish thanks to the dynamic pigments in it, and gives a glittery shine to your lips. It is also long-lasting, ensuring that you wouldn’t need a touchup throughout the night! While the shades Give Me Mocha and Rebel Rose are perfect for the day, Flame of the Game can be the ultimate game-changer for your night-outs.
5. M.A.C Satin Lipstick – M.A.C Lipsticks are loved by women all over the world for its sheer quality and unique shades. In fact, their lipsticks are what shot them into fame. Coming to the shades, we love how Mocha, Retro, Twig, Whirl, Tropic Tonic, Devoted to Chili, and Velvet Teddy look sensational on our Indian skin tone.