All of us have heard about bronzers whether we are makeup noobs or pros. But how many of us have a bronzer in our makeup bags? Sure, you can find moisturisers, foundations, concealers, primers, blushes, eyeshadow palettes, and numerous shades of lipsticks in our bags, but bronzers tend to be that one elusive product, particularly among Indians. Is It because we can’t find one that matches our skin tone? Or because we think our natural caramel-like skin tone doesn’t need a bronzer? Either way, if your makeup goal is to attain a stunning, radiant, sun-kissed look, you ought to make bronzers a part of your makeup routine. Here is a carefully curated list of our favourite bronzers that would look fabulous on Indian skin tones.
1. The Body Shop Shimmer Waves – If you are looking for a radiant glow, a bronzer containing shimmer is what you want. The Body Shop Shimmer Waves offers a palette that has five tones that will suit all Indian skin tones. So, there is absolutely no way you can go wrong with this one.
Pick a colour, mix two shades together, or swirl all the colours together to achieve that natural-looking tan, as if you have just returned from an incredible beach holiday. Bonus point? It is 100% vegan!
2. Smashbox Cali Contour Blush, Highlighter, and Bronzer Face Palette – One of our favourite bronzers out there come in a face palette, but that hasn’t stopped us from buying this one over and over whenever the bronzer runs out. Even though the price is rather high, this palette contains three matte shades, two pearlescent powders, and one matte blush. Apply it right and it’ll give you the ultimate matte or shimmery look to the high points of your face.
All the colours in this palette come highly pigmented, so a mere sweep of it across your cheekbones and jawlines can give you a flawless bronzed glow. It is exceptionally smooth, will glide with ease over your skin, will not block your pores nor cause breakouts.
3. Bobbi Brown Mini Bronzing Powder – This one is another much sought after bronzer in our Indian community because it is extremely lightweight and has magical, velvety feel.
It is super blendable, not at all clumpy, and gives an amazing honey glow without appearing too dramatic. In addition to giving instant radiance, it also smoothens the skin texture, and stays on easily for five to six hours – perfect for your everyday look!
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Bronzer – This bronzer can be layered beautifully on top of whatever product you have applied before whether they are creamy, powdery or liquid. This bronzer comes in six different shades, but we personally recommend Rich Amber, Cappuccino, or Saddle for our splendid Indian skin tones. This stunner of bronzer works wonders when it comes to sculpting and defining. It is buildable and blends easily giving you a smooth and subtle look that would make others envious. While most bronzers do not always come with mirrors, making re-touching a pain, this one comes with a mirror ideal for retouching so that you don’t have to worry about carrying an extra one with you anywhere.
5. Miss Claire Bronze and Highlighter Makeup Studio Palette – This makeup palette contains two highlighters and two bronzers, all four shades perfectly suited for the Indian skin tone. They are easy to apply, smooth, and help you attain the coveted luminosity without shelling out a fortune.
Enhance your natural skin-tone with any of these bronzers and take your makeup game up a notch. Remember to pick a shade two shades darker than your skin tone, and to apply it after you apply your foundation, but before you apply the blush. Now that you are familiar with which bronzer might work best for you, go ahead and get yourself one!